Three day weekend, where did you go??? Oh, wait. Yes. I do know what happened to you...
1. Friday night...I ate hibachi...again. It's my weakness. I love it so.
2. Saturday I worked like a maniac (maniac, I tell you) cranking out jewelry. I have some BIG (really big!) things coming up in the next few weeks and I am busy, busy with it. I also have 52 earring orders to get out from my very jane deal. Woot! Woot!
3. Saturday afternoon we headed up to CB and Drew's for a grown up/kid play date. I say that both jokingly, but not jokingly...yes, our kids all love to play with each other, but we (Chris and I) also really love hanging out with them. Drew smoked chickens, Christy Beth made awesome cheese dip and a turkey sandwich something or other (that I can't wait to do the weekend after Thanksgiving) and I brought up a pasta salad....
This is how I make pasta salad (which I learned from my stepmom)... I buy the marinated mozzarella balls from Trader Joe's. (Sometimes I get the ones at Super Target, but they're not as seasoned as the TJ's ones.) Then, I cook a box of pasta (bowties, penne, spirals, whatever - just not long noodles). I rinse the pasta with cool water and dump in the whole bowl of mozzarella - oil and all. And then you can add whatever you want - cucumbers, tomatoes, black olives...you get the picture. And that's that.
4. We watched The Lucky One. Does it make me a dirty old lady that I think Zac Efron is hot? If so, then I am okay with that.
5. Sunday morning we headed out to my parents' house. It was the last swim of the season. The kids played water balloons and bouncy balls and Q swam with just water wings, no vest. My mom made a new potato salad - dill and lemon and dijon mustard instead of mayo.
6. Everyone, including Ike, snored on the drive home.
7. We are almost finished with Breaking Bad. We started watching it this summer and we are almost all caught up. Do you watch? Yowza. That's all I can say about that one.
8. Today I did the grocery shopping and forgot to buy any meat. I guess we're all going to be vegetarians this week. Big sigh.
9. Jewelry. Jewelry. Jewelry.
10. Laundry. Laundry. Laundry.
11. I ran another 5K. On the treadmill. In our living room. And I do use the word "run" very loosely. My definition and your definition might not be the same thing.
12. Chris is making scallops for dinner as I type this. Hooray!
13. I pray this four day week is...uneventful, productive, stress, er, mild? (free might be asking too much), positive (I am going to look for a way to make someone else feel good every day. And maybe not yell at my children so much. Just sayin.)