So here was the plan for the day...
Chris was going to his best friend, Nick's, graduation from Oglethorpe this morning, while I stayed at home with the kids - cleaning the house and picking up food for a noon lunch with my brother and his girlfriend who are in town from Texas. Then Chris was going to lunch at Manuel's Tavern with Nick's family and after that, coming home to get me to go to Nick's dinner party tonight.
Here's what actually happened...
1. Chris left the house at 7:30am to head to Oglethorpe.
2. I woke up around 8:30am but could do too much in the cleaning department because Q was still sleeping.
3. Q woke up at 9:30am. Another 14 hour night. Wonderful, right? Only not so much this time. All throughout breakfast, he kept pushing in his ear. You know, like he was a secret service agent listening to his ear bud. And that was all it took for me to know that he had an ear infection and that we would be spending some time today at the immediate care.
4. I left a frantic message on Chris's cell phone.
5. So, my wonderful father-in-law came out to watch the girls while I took Q to the doctor.
6. Quinn absolutely had an ear infection.
7. I spent the morning at the doctor and then picking up prescriptions (and sandwiches).
8. Chris came home early.
9. My mother-in-law met my father-in-law (my lifesavers) at our house.
10. Spent a lovely afternoon with Matt and Shalise.
11. Traveled to some unbelievably confusing place off 400.
12. Spent a lovely evening with Nick (the graduate!) and Liz (love her!) and some really wonderful people that we haven't seen in forever (Flynn and Chris!).
13. And now...I am oh so tired...and going to bed.