This is how my day went:
1. I found out that our insurance is going up. Our co-pay for a doctor's visit will now be $45. This means that someone will have to be dying before I take them to the doctor.
2. Because I was thinking about this when I pulled into the driveway, I hit the garage. Really, it was just my side mirror, but the noise was loud and it scared me and then I almost crashed through the side wall of the garage. Picture the Hawaiian Punch man breaking through the brick wall. That's what this would have been like. And I would not have liked explaining that to Chris.
3. Then I checked my bank account and there was deposit for almost $1100 entered yesterday that I didn't make. I called my mom to see if she made one into her account and it was mistakenly put into mine. Negative. So I waited for Chris to get home to see if he deposited money into my account. (Which, in the end, he didn't...so I will be calling the bank tomorrow. I think they should pay me a mistake fee for teasing me with this money. If they make me pay fees for overdraft, they should have to pay for their mistakes too. Just sayin.)
4. After Chris came home he went back into the garage, so while holding the dog, I opened the door to tell him about my side mirror. While we were talking, Quinn squirmed between my legs and ran out of the house. I told him to come back and he told me, "No." and took off running into the back yard. Chandler then came running outside too. Chris took off after Q and Chan followed. I went back in with the dog and Casey.
5. Chris came back in through the back door and Chan came back in through the garage. She walked in and said, "I think there's a bee on me." Then she began screaming as though someone had severed a limb from her body. She dropped to the ground and began writhing in pain and screaming at the top of her lungs while holding the side of her neck. I ran to her and ripped her shirt off (thinking the bee was in her shirt at the point). The dog was berserk. Casey was crying because Chan was screaming. Chris went to get some ice and Q just kept saying, " 'kay? 'kay?" And she was ok. In fact, it was a little, tiny sweat bee that Ike then ate off the living room floor. And there isn't even a spot on her now.
6. We had breakfast for dinner. Egg and cheese biscuits, hash browns and bacon. Casey already doesn't like the bacon. Tonight she announced that she also doesn't like hash browns. Who is this child? I just don't know her anymore.
Tomorrow is a Teacher Workday and then I have a 4 day weekend for Fall Break. Hooray!