Friday seems like it was months ago. But at the same time, the weekend went by much too quickly. Here's the run down...
It was so long ago, I don't even remember.
1. I realized I may possibly have adult onset A.D.D. No, seriously. This is how I have come to this realization...At a time much later in the day than I care to admit, I said to Chris, "I'm going to take a shower." But then I walked past the vacuum cleaner and thought, Oh! I should vacuum upstairs before I shower so that if I work up a sweat I wouldn't have wasted the shower. (go ahead, you can snicker.) So, I went back in the kitchen to tell Chris that there was a change of plans. He reminded me to put back in the little black meshy piece that Quinn had tried to feed to Ike earlier in the day so that the engine of the vacuum wouldn't get dust in it and catch on fire. So I went to do that, but figured I should empty out the cup thingy of the vacuum while I was at it. We empty this in the small trash bin in the garage, so I walked out there to do that. But then I remembered that it was late enough in the day that the mail had already run, so I walked out to get the mail. So I emptied the cup, got the mail, and brought it back into the kitchen. Then I stood at the island and read the mail. All of the mail. Including the new Pottery Barn Catalog and showed things to Chris like I was actually thinking about purchasing the $1200 storage unit. Which I'm not. And then I said, "I'm going to take a shower." On my way up, I walked past the vacuum cleaner and remembered that I wanted to do that before the shower, you know, in case I worked up a sweat. But I left the pieces of the vacuum somewhere in the kitchen. So I had to find them (on the counter, next to my purse). And then I put the vacuum cleaner together and carried it up. I vacuumed the hallway and Casey's room and then figured I should go ahead and put her laundry in the wash. So I stopped and did that. And then I carried some clean things into our closet to hang them up. And then I went back to the vacuuming. Over an hour later, I got in the shower. Had I completed a task from start to finish? Only if you count carrying the mail in as a task. I only vacuumed two rooms upstairs before I decided I was done with that. Sheesh.
2. I went grocery shopping. I had not eaten before I left (I was busy with OTHER things, remember?). We now have enough snack foods to last us until March of 2014.
3. Molly called to tell me that she was almost to her hotel in Athens. (The new Indigo Hotel - absolutely fabulous. Beautiful. Really beautiful.) So I dashed upstairs, pulled on the first "hip" outfit that I came to and took off to meet up with her and Jules. Halfway there, I decided that I hated what I was wearing and had to stop in Target to pick out a different shirt.
4. We ate at the hotel. We shared a heaping plate of Gorgonzola French Fries. Yum. :)
5. Then we head over to an art auction that Molly loves to go to every year. Jules and I were chomping at the bit to take over as auctioneers. I am 100% positive that we would have rocked the place. As it was, we were egging people on. Molly was a big spender and went home with 3 new pieces. Juli and I didn't even register. I knew that I couldn't be trusted with a paddle.
6. We went to The Manhattan. Then we went to The Grill (yes, I had a veggie melt and fries and feta). Molly drank Beer Mosas. No, really, I'm serious, beer with a splash of orange juice. We passed by many, many, young college kids and I felt incredibly old.
7. I came to the realization that love Molly and Juli and miss them terribly when they are not around.
8. I drove home (because I really don't drink, I have very few wits under normal situations, so I am quite insistent in keeping my wits about me). When I got home (much later than I care to admit), Chan was sleeping naked on the couch and Chris was on the floor in the front room. She had a fever. It had been at almost 105 and Chris had to put her in the bath tub. She vomited, multiple times, and was clearly very sick.
1. Chris took Chan to the Immediate Care. She has the flu.
2. I took the healthy children with me to the store to pick up Chan's $50 prescription. Yes, that's right, $50 prescription!!!
3. We ate the Pioneer Woman's sliders and fried onions for dinner. Oh. My.
And that was, essentially, my weekend.