I can hardly believe it.
My little Leo Quinn turned 3 today.
Three years ago I weighed 200lbs. And when they pulled him from me, I then weighed 191 lbs and 3 oz. Just sayin.
Here's a look at what we did today....
1. We arrived at the Yellow River Game Ranch and Quinn immediately started feeding the animals. This was pretty awesome for me because I had this horrible fear on the way there that the animals might terrify him. And that would have sucked.
2. His listening ears have turned on now that he is 3. He held hands and followed directions all day long. God bless him. Otherwise it would have been a bad birthday.
3. feeding crackers to cute little baby goats
4. Sometimes Q felt the need to take a bite out of the cracker before feeding it to the animal. Which I suppose is better than the other way around.
5. I think this might be my favorite picture of the day...sweet little hand.
6. And this is when I thought my child might be eaten by the goats. Really. I kind of freaked out a little bit.
7. And then you can see that I was ready to yank him from the jaws of the vicious goats, if it should come to that.
8. This donkey was a beggar. Seriously. When you turned your back to him he would bang on the fence with his hoof. It was pretty awesome.
9. I asked for a "Three Year Old Smile." This is what I got.
10. All three of them. Q was distracted by a squirrel. It happens.
11. Feeding a bunny. We really liked the bunnies.
12. Saying good-bye on our way out.
After our morning at "The Ranch" we headed over to Chili's for lunch. Chandler finally got her end of year ribs. Quinn got a huge brownie sundae and a chocolate shake (after his actual lunch). And then we went to Target so that he could pick out a Birthday prize with his money from Great Gram.
1. The Birthday Boy.
2. Waiting for our food...the girls played on Chris's phone and Quinn played Angry Birds on mine.
3. Chan and her rib face and hands.
4. Quinn wanted one of these balls as his Birthday prize. Like we don't have 8000 balls at home already. We talked him into a little basketball goal instead. :)
ps - Thanks for such a great Heartsy weekend! All of my vouchers sold out and I now have a lot to do to refill the shop...stay tuned!