Today was not my favorite day for many reasons.
1. I took the girls to the immediate care this morning. They know us there by name and injury. Awesome. Chandler needed her stitches out (there was more screaming involved) and Casey has a rash. It was maybe 20 red bumps yesterday, confined to her torso, when she got out of the shower and showed me, so we gave her some benadryl, hoping that might help, but alas, it did not. There was a thousand of them this morning and they were spreading to her limbs.
2. An hour and a half later, we walked out of there three sutures less and 2 prescriptions more than when we came in.
3. I spent almost $40 at Dairy Queen today. Sheesh. What is THAT all about??? Ugh.
4. I took Q to the grocery store with me. While waiting on Casey's prescriptions, he proceeded to climb out of the cart. I tried (unsuccessfully) to talk him into remaining in the seat. We were surrounded by other people waiting. I tried the scary eyes and the low tone whispers in his ear to no avail. And then he took off running across the store and out the front door. I snatched him up just before he got to the parking lot. I left my purse and the cart at the pharmacy counter. Big sigh. When we returned to our things, the other customers avoided eye contact and our pleasant conversation did not continue. He screamed when I put him back in the cart, "But I wanna run everywhere, Mama! Everywhere! I wanna rrrrrrrruuuuuuuunnnnnnnnn!!!!!" Fanfreakintastic.
5. I received this email this afternoon...No joke....
can I have some jewelry something cheetah print and under 10$.
love your eager daughter Chandler,
And now for something completely unrelated...And while this day may not have been one of my favorites, this song most certainly is.
ok.. that email is hilarious. or WILL be hilarious in a couple of years for you.
i can relate with the cart incident!!!!!!! i get "pre-store" anxiety with aiden!
Oh gosh - somedays I am just happy to crawl into bed and say I survived, ha! :)
Sorry about the rough day... hope things are much much better now!
Post a Comment