I feel like my house is just one big continuous work in progress. Do you feel that way, too, or is it just me?
Summer for us is kinda the big time when I make a massive list of things I want to do in the house. The list is mainly things for Chris...I plan on shopping, reading, making jewelry and blogging. It seems like every summer I want to paint. And painting is a job for Chris.
I also want to clean out every nook and cranny in my house.
But that will come later. Right now, we're working on the downstairs. We had been deciding between a fence (we have a HUGE backyard and it would cost a chunk of change to fence it in) and new living room furniture (we were still using a hand me down set from my parents that they bought in 1996...the summer I graduated from high school).
So, here's what we've done...
1. repainted the brown walls in the living room. A fresh start!
2. steam cleaned the carpet
3. Chris picked up the new furniture (sofa, love seat, ottoman for living room)
And here's some pictures of where we're at....
The brown walls ended up a lighter shade than we really wanted. The girls have declared that its the same color as the frosting on cinnamon poptarts. We probably should have bought 2 ottomans. The TV is currently on the coffee table from the front room (we're still looking for one of those) and we moved the telephone table in from the foyer as the end table.
In this room, we need to...
1. get a tv stand
2. hang things on the wall
4. table for in between the chairs
Here's the other side of the downstairs - 2 rooms that are connected and meant to be a front sitting room and the dining room. We use them more as a library and a craft room.
1. I need to find more knick knacky things now that I made space for them in the built ins. I am desperate for old school things, a typewriter and a phrenology head. Just so you know.
2. I have to hang some things on the walls.
3. Sadly, the orange has to be painted. Right now I am leaning towards a lime-ish color. Or maybe a lighter gray (good suggestion, Mol!)
Craft room...oh jeez, oh Pete! Basically, everything just needs to be cleaned! And organized!
I'll be posting more pictures SOON because we have to have things ready for the Father's Day celebration at our house on Sunday!